There is no fire like passion, No crime like hatred, No sorrow like separation, No sickness like hunger, And no joy like the joy of freedom. Buddha Dhammapada.

The fragrance of sandalwood and rosebay, Does not travel far. But the fragrance of virtue, Rises to the heavens. Buddha Dhammapada.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Asian Diary

I am Sophie, my profession is accounting. Cooking is one of my hobby, I have a passion for food which explains why I love cooking and experiment new things. 
My purpose of writing The Asian Diary Blog is not only for hobbies but to share my cooking knowledge either to reveal Khmer recipes. 
Widely, people often hear about Chinese, Thai or Vietnamese Food. Khmer food is like Thai food but not so spicy (use less chili). However basically Khmer dishes are very similar to neighboring dishes, there are still some local dishes that distinguish.

In my blog, you will find out Khmer recipes throughout my cooking experience. 
Most mentioned recipes here are very simple and easy to prepare, it takes short time to cook, ingredients are easy to find, and the tastes are exotically delicious.
Thanks for visiting my blog and help to spread out Khmer recipes. 
Pls follow The Asian Diary on Twitter and be a fan on Facebook. I also write another blog Half Clove Garlic